Ticket booth in bingo car park set on fire

editorial image

CCTV footage is being examined after a fire broke out in a bingo hall car park in Dewsbury this afternoon (Wednesday).

Fire crews were called out at 12.59pm after a ticket booth was set alight in the Railway Street car park of Mecca Bingo.

Passers by reported four youths - believed to be three males and a female - walking past the ticket booth just before the blaze.

Crew commander David Berry of Dewsbury Fire Station said: “It is my professional opinion that the fire was started deliberately, perhaps with a cigarette lighter.

“The security personnel at the site told me that they would examine the CCTV footage of the incident that if anyone can be identified the matter may be passed on to the police.”

One hose reel jet was used to extinguish the flames and no-one was injured.

Picture courtesy of Ash Milnes.