Two taken to hospital after house fire in Heckmondwike last night

An elderly man and his son were taken to hospital after a blaze at a house in Heckmondwike last night (Monday).
Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now

Crews from Dewsbury and Cleckheaton fire stations were called to a dryer on a fire in the kitchen of the home on Cannon Grove at 10.41pm.

The man and his son – who managed to get out before firefighters arrived - suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to hospital in an ambulance.

Smoke alarms were fitted and sounding at time of call.

Related topics: