Sleeping man rescued after Batley house fills with smoke

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters have rescued a sleeping man from a home in Batley after he became trapped upstairs by thick smoke.

Crews from Batley and Dewsbury were called out to the property on Healey Lane at around 10.30pm on Friday night.

A pan left on a hob in the kitchen had overheated and filled the house with smoke while the man, believed to be in his mid 20s, slept.

A spokesman from Batley Fire Station said crews had been unable to wake the man but managed to gain access to the property and carry him to safety.

The occupant was unharmed and no lasting damage was caused to the house.