Music festival may collapse

Mirfield Music Festival 'M' Fest received good feedback in 2014 despite poor weather
Mirfield Music Festival 'M' Fest received good feedback in 2014 despite poor weather

The second edition of the Mirfield Music Festival may not go ahead as planned this year due to a lack of funding, the show’s organiser has warned.

The first ever M-Fest took place at Mirfield Showground last year to popular acclaim, with largely positive feedback offered those who attended.

However, despite plans being drawn up for a two day show over the weekend of June 20 - 21, Donal O’Driscoll has said he needs more people to commit to buying tickets to make it a reality again this year.

He said: “For many years I’ve been organising the Heckmondwike Crown of Lights Music Festival, which has become hugely popular because it’s designed to be family friendly, has a wide variety of excellent acts and children’s entertainment and all in a safe environment.” 
“After four years of living in Mirfield, I’ve got to a point where I’d like to do the same for Mirfield every June. The first M-Fest last year was a huge success. However, the financial risks associated with such events are just too great for me to bear. One solution is crowd funding whereby people pledge for their tickets. If there aren’t enough pledges made very soon then M-Fest just won’t happen.”

Visit www.mfest.biz.