Two men guilty of Josh Hirst’s murder
TWO men have been found guilty of the murder of a 20-year-old Mirfield man.
After four days of deliberations, jurors at Leeds Crown Court have returned verdicts in the Josh Hirst murder trial.
Joe Church, 21, of Redlands Close, Mirfield, and Aaron Smith, 19, of Saville Street, Emley, have been found guilty by majority verdict of murder.
The third defendant Nadeem Rashid, 21, of Lapwing View, Horbury, was found not guilty of murder and manslaughter.
Mr Hirst died after being stabbed outside his Grove Street home in August last year.
See next week’s edition for the full story.
- Man watched porn next to school pupil on train
- BREAKING NEWS Man died from a suspected gunshot wound in Tingley Village Hotel car park
- Mirfield man named in Queen’s Birthday Honour’s list
- Richard Beecham visits Cyprus to see how the country is recovering after its banking crisis, and finds a remarkably proud and friendly people
- Mounted police on real ale trail
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dewsbury
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: West