Rugby star whose team wowed sprinter Usain Bolt gets top honour
A Dewsbury Moor rugby player has been awarded one of the amateur game’s highest accolades.
James Delaney, 20, was named BARLA’s International U21 player of the year at a recent awards night at the Cedar Court Hotel, Bradford.
Hooker Delaney scored four tries when BARLA GB Cougars beat Jamaica 56-28 which helped the Cougars to clinch a 2-0 series win earlier this summer. He was also a sub in the emphatic 70-10 victory over Jamaica Intercollegiate All Stars.
The game had a interested onlooker as Olympic 100m champion Usain Bolt who was training nearby. He was later pictured with team officials doing his trademark salute.
Delaney is now back in pre-season training with Dewsbury Moor ARLFC and has played for them since he was eight.
Please see Friday’s Dewsbury Reporter for more.
- Man watched porn next to school pupil on train
- BREAKING NEWS Man died from a suspected gunshot wound in Tingley Village Hotel car park
- Mirfield man named in Queen’s Birthday Honour’s list
- Mounted police on real ale trail
- Richard Beecham visits Cyprus to see how the country is recovering after its banking crisis, and finds a remarkably proud and friendly people
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dewsbury
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: West