Green deal delay costs jobs
AN INDUSTRY body claims that almost 400 jobs have been lost in Yorkshire and the Humberside since December due to delays in rolling out the Green Deal.
The Insulation Industry Forum (IIF) said 397 people had lost their jobs because of delays in the implementation of the Coalition’s eco-friendly scheme.
The delay in the start of the Energy Company Obligation scheme has also had an impact, it added.
The IIF is calling for the government to develop a scheme to bridge the gap between the government’s Community Energy Saving Programme subsidies ending and the Green Deal and ECO schemes beginning.
- Man watched porn next to school pupil on train
- BREAKING NEWS Man died from a suspected gunshot wound in Tingley Village Hotel car park
- Mirfield man named in Queen’s Birthday Honour’s list
- Richard Beecham visits Cyprus to see how the country is recovering after its banking crisis, and finds a remarkably proud and friendly people
- Mounted police on real ale trail
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dewsbury
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: West