Eight-year-old raises alarm over Mirfield kitchen fire
A YOUNG boy raised the alarm after a fire broke out in a family kitchen.
Emergency services were called to a house in Parkfield Way, Mirfield, at around 10.30am today after a cooker was left unattended.
A woman, in her 40s, was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation.
Mirfield crew commander John Jackson said the woman’s son saw the fire first, closed the kitchen door and told his mum and dad.
Crews from Mirfield and Dewsbury attended.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dewsbury
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east