Bookmakers Ladbrokes plan Mirfield branch
A NATIONAL chain of bookmakers hopes to open a new branch in Mirfield.
Ladbrokes has submitted plans to turn the former Diablos Café Bar into a betting shop.
Its application said there was a wide mix of uses in the town centre, with ‘ample retail provision’ and so many cafés and restaurants that it was not surprising the unit was vacant.
It said a change of use from café to betting office would not harm existing retail provision and would ensure the long term viable use of the premises.
The company also wants to fit air condenser units and a satellite dish to the back of the shop in Huddersfield Road.
A second application has been made for two illuminated signs.
Public consultation ends on March 10.
- Man watched porn next to school pupil on train
- BREAKING NEWS Man died from a suspected gunshot wound in Tingley Village Hotel car park
- Mirfield man named in Queen’s Birthday Honour’s list
- Richard Beecham visits Cyprus to see how the country is recovering after its banking crisis, and finds a remarkably proud and friendly people
- Mounted police on real ale trail
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Dewsbury
Tuesday 18 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: West