Food left on cooker sparked house fire in Ravensthorpe

LATEST NEWS Food left on a cooker sparked a house fire in Ravensthorpe.
LATEST NEWS Food left on a cooker sparked a house fire in Ravensthorpe.
0
Have your say

A woman was treated for smoke inhalation after food left on a cooker sparked a fire.

Nobody was inside the Ravensthorpe home when the blaze began on last night (Wednesday).

Two crews from Dewsbury fire station were called to the home in Sackville Street at 9.40pm.

Crew commander Joanna Massin said: “The smoke detectors had activated but neighbours saw smoke coming from the kitchen window and raised the alarm.

“The kitchen was very badly damaged through smoke and heat. They had closed door to the front room so that prevented the fire spreading, but we think they left food unattended on the cooker.”

She also warned people not to go back into a building if a fire began.

“One of the occupants entered when it was on fire,” she said. “She was treated for smoke inhalation.”