ODD socks, slippers and a suitcase are what you might usually find under your bed.
But one couple got a shock when a possibly venomous black widow jumped out at them.
Amy Freeman and Jonathon Maguire were getting ready for bed when the spider crawled from beneath their furniture.
Initially they thought the creepy-crawly could be a much-feared black widow when they found it at their home in Headfield Road, Savile Town, on Monday night.
And even though the spider turned out to be a false widow, it could still have poisoned anything it got its teeth into.
Last month a man in Southampton ended up in hospital after he was bitten by a false black widow – reported to be the country’s deadliest spider.
Pick up a copy of today’s Dewsbury Reporter for the full story – and the spider close-up...