HOMES were evacuated in Hunsworth this morning (Wednesday) after a fire at an engineering unit sparked fears over flammable chemicals at the site.
Residents were told to leave their homes after fire crews thought Acetylene cylinders were on the site.
Police, fire crews from a total of seven stations turned out to the blaze at Hillside Works, just off Whitehall Road, after a nearby resident raised the alarm at 7.30am.
Residents were away from their homes for just over three hours as the fire crews set up a 200m cordon around the works.
Spen police maintained a cordon until around 10.45am, when the scene was declared safe.
For the full story read tomorrow’s Spenborough Guardian.